Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Found Art: Fire Extinguisher

Part of human nature is to produce art in some shape or form, but it still intrigues me when I see it on the street and in unexpected places instead of formally in museums or galleries. In a way, the street art is more "raw" and honest sometimes because it gets attention through surprise and curiosity. I've always been a lover of graffiti and all things related like doodles and sidewalk art. It adds an element to our day that makes us pause and think about the world and people whizzing by us each day.
I saw this sticker on a fire extinguisher as I was leaving a Parsons building one Saturday after a Graphic Design class I took there this Spring. It doesn't take up much space, but it holds a strong message. Seeing it had that shock factor for me because I wasn't expecting it there as I went on with the routine of my day. So I took a picture of it and on my way out of the building, I continued to think about its substance.

No comments:

Post a Comment